Thursday, April 22, 2010

Week 64: It´s that time again...more reasons why I love Ecuador (week 33 of pregnancy)

I´m going to add yet another item to my list of why I love this country: Landslides.

My husband was supposed to come back to Quito on Tuesday morning, but thanks to all the rain we´ve been getting there was a landslide and the road was closed. There´s only one way from Puyo to Quito (except the one that goes in a huge circle and takes a million years), so that means we just had to wait it out until the road crew got the landslide cleared up.

Well, eventually he did get home, on Wednesday morning, and he didn´t come empty-handed. He brought me a shelf that his dad made us (which Jairo designed, of course) and a crib set for the baby which his mom made, in green, which is my favorite color. He also bought me more thread for making bracelets and he brought our laptop which has been in Puyo at the computer doctor for about 10 years...or so it seems.

Still, the best part of him coming home was just having him home! It was a long couple of days without him, and such a relief to have him here, going about all his normal activities. Life is back to normal! It seems like it was good for him to get away from the business of all his responsibilities here and hang out with friends and family. I know he would have liked for me to go with him were it possible, but I think it was better for him this way. I really was fine here, although I didn´t enjoy the experience too much, and he was able to do whatever he wanted without worrying about me for a few days, which I think was probably a relief. He did seem a little disappointed that he didn´t get to play more soccer, but I don´t think he would ever really reach a point where he had played ¨enough¨, so all in all I think he had a good time. Now he´s home, so maybe I will finally get some of that rest everyone keeps telling me about!

No comments:

Post a Comment