Friday, April 16, 2010

Week 26: A week I will not soon repeat...

Jairo went away this week to Guayaquil because he was invited to lead worship there at a Revival. Guayaquil is about 8 hours from Quito. It was the first time we were separated since we’ve been married. And it was our 6 month anniversary. Sound like fun? Oh yeah...

I stayed behind to lead the youth service on Friday for Revolution Ministries. I think that when I called Jairo in tears about the experience, he decided he would try not to do it again. I really tried to be strong and do a good job at the youth service because I wanted to help Jairo and I didn’t want to cancel on the youth. The problem was that the majority of our church went to Guayaquil for the Revival, so the only teens who stayed were the bad ones. There aren’t that many bad ones, but when the good ones are gone, the bad ones sense your fear and they attack. Okay, it wasn’t that bad, and to my credit I didn’t burst into tears until after I talked to Jairo on the phone. So I exaggerated a little. But I would say it’s not something I would like to repeat any time soon. Especially not on my anniversary!

Still, I think in the brownie points department it went pretty far with Jairo. He knew how hard it was for me to stay behind, and how scared I was to lead the service alone. Still, I did it, which is more than I thought I could do. I learned to stretch my boundaries a little and do something in spite of being afraid...I can do all things through Christ! Plus, being that helper for my husband as God intends for me always leads to a positive reaction from Jairo, who is great at recognizing the help I try to provide. He assures me after my detailed description of the service that I really did fine...but he also assures me that he will try not to make it a habit! I guess that´s all either one of us could ask from the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment