Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Week 54: I thought this day would never come! Really! (week 23 of pregnancy)

As I say in the title, I really, really thought this day would never come, but we finally got all the paperwork straightened out and today they gave me my censo and cedula...in other words, I have my residency in Ecuador forever and ever!! Praise God! I really thought that this would be just another pointless trip to immigration for them to charge me more money for nonsense things, and I was pretty discouraged. But, as is my custom, I asked God to please please make this time count, because I really wanted to have everything done before baby comes so that there will be no problems getting his or her dual citizenship taken care of. I asked, and as usual, God delivered! I smiled like an idiot in the censo picture, way too happy to control myself, but I got my emotions under control enough to have a serious expression in my cedula picture, since Ecuadorians do not typically smile in pictures. I didn´t want to be the only weirdo with a smily ID card.

I cannot begin to thank all of you who have faithfully prayed for this day for so long! Not to mention all of you who have supported us in our ministry and helped to see us through the ups and downs of all this immigration business. Thank you so much. I know the power of your prayers because I feel it every day of my life here in Ecuador. Praise God for this victory!

No comments:

Post a Comment