Saturday, April 17, 2010

Week 44: Ten months married (week 13 of pregnancy)

This week is our ten month anniversary! That is getting dangerously close to a year! In honor of this great event, I have another quote I like about marriage to share:

¨Almost no one is foolish enough to imagine that he automatically deserves great success in any field of activity; yet almost everyone believes that he automatically deserves success in marriage.¨

How true! How many people get married only to end the marriage mere months later, because they are ¨incompatible¨? Isn´t that incredible? There is almost nothing in life that gives you great rewards and sucess right away, yet we want our marriage to be story book perfect from day one.

We have been married for 10 months and I am amazed to think that there are many marriages (especially in Hollywood) that have lasted less time than ours! I really feel like I am just starting to get the hang of this! I am still learning every single day. I think about the times that I have struggled and I realize how much I would have missed out on if I had given up on our marriage. If the person you married was worth marrying when you married him, I think he´s probably still worth being married to.

So here´s to being married longer than most movie stars, and experiencing many blessings and much happiness because of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment