Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Week 63: Nesting (week 32 of pregnancy)

I was trying to explain the idea of nesting to Jairo. He thought the terminology was hilarious, the idea of me making a nest. It came up because I am pretty sure I have officially started nesting. I decided to use this energy to be creative, mainly by making bracelets and learning to knit. The knitting hasn´t taken too well yet, but I am not giving up. My mother-in-law will be here in just a month or so and I have already let her know that she will be giving me lessons!

Jairo was skeptical of my ability to weave bracelets, so he bought me a couple of embroidery threads (ever the supportive husband!) and said I should give it a try first. I made him several (all in the same colors since I didn´t have many options) and he was impressed that I actually knew what I was doing, so he got me some more colors. A vote of confidence from Jairo always looks like this; once he has seen good results he becomes an investor.

I also decided to institute family meal time. One meal every day we sit down at the table, no TV, no distractions, and eat and talk like humans. Jairo agreed, although switching off the TV seems to cause him some pain. He´ll get over it. It´s nice to sit down together, and we´ve had some interesting conversations, so I would say the idea is an overall success.

I did get out once this week with Jairo. We went to see Alice in Wonderland with some friends. It was Jairo´s first 3D movie, so it was fun to get to go with him. One of our friends bought the snacks, including nachos, so I was pretty happy. I´m always amazed at how much these things wear me out, but Jairo keeps reminding me that that is exactly why I have been sent to rest. Still, it was worth feeling a little queasy and exhausted afterwards, because it was really fun! It was probably my last movie theater visit for a long time, so I soaked it up!

All in all it has been a good week so far, although I am not looking forward to the end of the week when Jairo leaves for Puyo and I stay here in Quito. There´s no way I can make the trip at this point, but I´m not looking forward to being here alone for a few days. Still, I think it´s important for him to go see his family, because once the baby is born it will be harder to travel for a while. So for now I am focusing on this half of the week and picking out colors for bracelets to make while Jairo is gone. At least I will get to be productive!

No comments:

Post a Comment