Friday, April 16, 2010

Week 19: Organize!!

I’m going to make a confession. I don’t like to clean. Shocking, I know! I mean, I like the house to be clean. I just would rather hire a maid!

Well, I’ve realized that the maid option isn’t open to me, so I decided to become more purposeful in my house-cleaning. It’s not that I haven’t been cleaning up until now, I have, but I felt like I needed to streamline the process a little. I made a list of all the chores I have to do every day and made a schedule for what days I should do what.

I swear, I’m not OCD, I just want to get the cleaning done quickly and over with! I’ve tried it out for a few days now and it’s saving me a lot of time. Plus, I get that warm, fuzzy feeling when I check something off the list!

Reading in Proverbs 31, I think the virtuous wife described there is portrayed as having her home organized and orderly, and the result of her hard work is the praise of her family, which to me seems well worth it! It´s hard to live up to her as a standard for being a godly wife, but I think it´s important to keep trying to get better and better and those things we are told a virtuous woman excells at. I would love for my husband to rise up and call me blessed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment