Friday, April 16, 2010

Week 32: Homemade Chili

My dad makes the world´s best chili. Don´t even try to argue, because it´s true.

For a while now I have been craving some foods from the US, and Jairo has encouraged me to go ahead and cook some of those things here. He likes trying out what I make, and of course I like eating it, too. So I decided to make chili.

Now, I will be honest and say I never actually had made chili before. I mean, why would I make it if my dad is the one who always makes it? There was never a need for me to make it before. I wasn´t exactly sure what I was doing, and I think I was missing some ingredients that I didn´t know how to say in Spanish. Still, it turned out pretty well. Jairo liked it, although he ate it with rice. (So Ecuadorian!) But still, it was not as good as dad´s. Obviously.

The experience has encouraged me to open up my cookbooks and try out some more dishes from back home. And also to find out how to say the names of those spices in Spanish.

No comments:

Post a Comment