Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Week 58: Two new additions to the family (week 27 of pregnancy)

Jairo and I got two new bunnies today! One is a black female, named Patas, and the other is a white male named Rabo. I´m a little nervous to put them in the cage with Orejas, since we´ve had her forever and she´s pretty spoiled. I´ve heard animals can get pretty jealous and she is huge compared to the others, so I´m hoping she will behave.

I love animals. Jairo always says that someday he is going to build me a house on a ton of land in the country and I will be able to buy all the animals I want. And I want a lot of animals. I want sheep, goats, dogs, cats, bunnies, chickens, ducks, llamas...like I said, I love animals! For now, though, I just get the bunnies, because our apartment really doesn´t have space for a llama. (I´ve thought about a lot of different arrangements, but nothing ever pans out.)

I was surprised Jairo let me get two more rabbits, because since I got pregnant he is the one who gets to clean their cage. Sometimes he complains about it, but I think he really doesn´t mind that much. He might love those rabbits just as much as I do.

In some way, the rabbits are nice to have around when Jairo leaves home and I´m here resting, as usual, and feeling a little lonely. Not that you can really have a conversation with a rabbit, but they are fun to play with (until they start peeing on everything...that´s when it´s time to go back in the cage.) I think the fact that I have to spend so much time alone is what really made Jairo decide to get me the bunnies. I used to go everywhere with Jairo, because I´m a part of almost all of the things he does. He always tells me how much he misses me being able to go with him to the youth service, drama practice, etc because we did everything as a team. It makes me feel a little guilty, like I´m not doing my job, but Jairo always assures me that my job for now is taking care of me...and this little one. I suppose he´s right. Still, I´m looking forward to hanging out with humans again...although most of them are not nearly as cuddly as my bunnies.

No comments:

Post a Comment