Saturday, April 17, 2010

Week 38: Cash Luna (week 7 of pregnancy)

The cat is out of the bag. This week Cash Luna came to Ecuador. He´s a famous preacher from Guatemala, I believe, and he was here for two nights preaching. The event was free and we decided to go with a few friends on the second night.

Right outside of the auditorium were some people selling refreshments, so I asked Jairo to buy me a water. Not two feet away was the entrance to the auditorium, and as we walked in the usher stopped me and said I could not take the water into the auditorium. I stood there for a second with a blank look on my face. Then why are you selling these things here??? I wanted to ask him, but the words didn´t come out. What I said was, very calmly, I´m pregnant and I need to have the water with me. (It didn´t occur to me just then that our friends did not know I was pregnant. hmm.) Then we walked another 10 feet and another usher stopped me. A little more annoyed this time, I said the same thing to him. He stood there thinking for a minute and then decided to let me pass. Another 10 feet or so and there is another usher, this time a woman. She stops me too, and now I have reached my limit for patience. With tears in my eyes I explain to her that she will not touch my water because I am pregnant and I need it! She says not to get angry and just to please remember to throw away the bottle after the event. (I realized later that I forgot to throw it away. Oops.)

It wasn´t until we sat down that I realized that at least one of our friends was close enough to me in line to have heard me announce three times that I was pregnant. Oops. Well, after the event Jairo took our friends aside and told them the news, since I really left him no option, and asked them to keep it a secret for a little while until we were ready to announce it. They were all very excited and assured us that they wouldn´t tell anyone. I guess we´ll find out if that´s true or not!

The event itself was really cool. I had never been to anything like it, but you could just feel God´s presence in that place as Cash Luna spoke. He seems like a really neat person. After the event we went out to eat at KFC and got to have a really good conversation with our friends about God and their Christian lives, which was really special. I wish we would have gone to both nights!

No comments:

Post a Comment