Friday, April 16, 2010

Week 21: Five Love Languages

As I mentioned, in Puyo we had a lot of free time! I took advantage of it to read another book that my friend Tara sent me, The Five Love Languages.

I think that every married couple should read this book. It’s amazing how many fights we can avoid in our marriages when we start to understand the underlying reasons for the disagreements. I think any married person would change their behavior drastically if they understood that one major reason that spouses react negatively to our actions is that they don’t feel loved! Learning to love someone the way they need to be loved, and not the way we want to love them is not actually as hard as we might think. I think this book goes a long way in helping us start to understand how to do that.

If you haven’t read the book yet, I recommend to all of you that you go get a copy and read it right away! Along with learning about your spouse, you might be surprised what you learn about YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment