Friday, April 16, 2010

Week 34: Jehova Jireh...God provides!

I have been wanting a bookshelf for a long time, but extra money isn´t just lying around, so I have been waiting patiently. I always go to God with everything I need, big or small, because I know He cares and He will provide in His time. One of the many things I have asked Him for is a bookshelf. Today I got one!

The pastor was cleaning out the church office and found he had an extra bookshelf, which he was going to throw out because he had nowhere to put it. I asked Jairo about the shelf, who in turn asked the pastor, and the pastor said to go ahead and take it home if we wanted it. It was in pretty good shape, really only needing a coat of paint, and it is now full of books, newly painted, in the guest room.

James says that many times we do not receive things from God because we do not ask, or we ask with wrong motives. If there is something you need, whether big or small, don´t be afraid to ask. When you ask for things you need, or things that you want for good reasons, God delights in providing for you in just the right moment. I´ve seen in my own life time and again how God provides because I am not afraid to ask! He is our Father, and any good father wants to take good care of his children. How much more our Heavenly Father?

No comments:

Post a Comment