Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Week 51: More quality time with dad (week 20 of pregnancy)

My dad is still here visiting us, and we´ve been enjoying his company a lot. My in-laws came to Quito to see my dad while he´s here, especially to hear him preach at the youth service. I translated for him again, and the youth seemed to really enjoy the message. I was relieved at how easy it was to translate, mostly because my dad is not a motor mouth, because I was little worried beforehand that I wouldn´t be able to do it.

We got to hear the heartbeat again, and my dad got to be in the room for that, so that was something special. The next time he´s here he´ll get to hold the baby! That just blows my mind to think about!!

We decided to go up to Ibarra for the day to surprise our friend Fausto for his birthday. My dad had never been to that part of Ecuador and I wanted to take him to see the volcano up there. We stopped at Otavalo at the market so he could buy some souvenirs. The volcano was pretty overcast so we couldn´t see the top of it, which disapopinted me, but my dad seemed happy enough to take pictures from the lookout. We ate lunch and birthday cake with Fausto´s family and visited for a while with them and then went to the volcano lookout and to a lagoon before heading home. It was a really nice day and it was great to see our friends. My dad seemed to really like Fausto and his family a lot, in spite of language differences, and I was glad he got to meet their family since they have been my closest friends here in Ecuador. It´s always nice when the people you love get to know the other people you love!

My dad´s time here is coming to a close and I am going to miss him a lot. I´m really glad he got to come, I just wish he didn´t have to go! The nice thing is that he will back with my mom in just a few months once the baby is born. They´re planning to visit sometime in June, so it makes it a little easier knowing that. It has been such a nice visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment