Saturday, April 17, 2010

Week 37: Telling the family (week 6 of pregnancy)

This week when my parents called me, I was almost bursting with the news about the baby. I had already waited a week to tell them, since my brother came home from Afghanistan last week. Still, I let the conversation roll on normally for a while before giving the news. Until I really just could take it anymore, that is.

Jairo and I decided to only tell our immediate families about the pregnancy until the end of the first trimester, just to be on the safe side. It´s my first pregnancy so we really don´t know what to expect.

My parents were very happy, although I think they were also a little worried since I live so far away and they didn´t really expect us to have a baby this soon. Who did? But more than anything else, they were happy and supportive, and it was just another reminder that this baby is going to be born into more love than it will know what to do with!

We told Jairo´s parents too, and they were shocked but also happy and supportive, just like my parents. I think it helps everyone to be more at ease seeing how God has provided for us and how we have grown together as a couple. At this point I might be the most worried one of all of us!

Once the novelty of being pregnant wears off, you come into this whole new set of fears, and worry about things that you never would have even thought about before. Your whole perspective changes. There´s so much to worry about! I decided to compartmentalize those fears by trimester, so right now I am only worrying about things related to this stage of pregnancy. I am trying not to worry at all, but since that seems impossible I at least want to worry about less than I was worrying about before!

I think about the deal I made with God about this baby and despite all the fears and worries, I know that God has formed this life inside of me for a reason, and He has a great purpose for this baby´s life. I just need to trust that the One who formed this life will continue forming it until the day when it´s time to bring this baby into the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment