Friday, April 16, 2010

Week 30: Still on Vacation

Well, this week and last week we were in Puyo on vacation. It was a nice trip, but I have to say that personally I am liking our trips to Puyo less and less.

I absolutely love seeing Jairo´s family. They are like my second family and I love them all a ton! The problem is actually with a few people from the church in Puyo. There is a group of them who really have not been big fans of mine since Jairo and I got married. I don´t think it´s because they´re mean or anything like that, I think they just are very protective of Jairo and honestly maybe no woman would have been good enough for him...but especially not a woman from another culture!

Well, every time we go down there, there is always a new crop of rumors going around about me, ranging from the ridiculous to the mildly hurtful, and it just doesn´t make me feel good. I try to ignore it, because I know that I don´t need their approval as long as God and Jairo are happy with me...but it´s hard not to take things like this personally.

I think one thing I have learned from all this is that I do not want to become a gossiper. Having experienced first-hand how much it can hurt, I want to try to always season my speech with love and treat others as I would like to be treated. Who knows? Maybe if I do it long enough, it will rub off on others! Or at least maybe they will realize that I´m boring and will look for someone else to talk about!

No comments:

Post a Comment