Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Week 61: Other random occurences this week...(week 30 of pregnancy)

I can think of two things worth reporting from this week, besides our anniversary, of course. The first is that Jairo has begun teaching an evangelism class to the youth, something we´ve been wanting to do for a long time. It´s always so exciting to take another step in the ministry and see God come through again and again. He has about 6 students so far, and the class is going really well. The goal is to train them and then begin weekly outreach activities, so hopefully I will get to join in on that once baby is born and I am recovered!

The other notable event of this week was the first appearance of braxton hicks contractions. To be honest, the first one scared me half to death. I had read about them, of course, but it´s something else to feel them...especially when they are generally described as ¨painless¨, which was not my experience! It wasn´t a terribly painful experience, but it was more painful than painless...if that makes any sense!

I guess this can only be a reminder that, ready or not, in a few weeks I will be thrust into labor, completely independent of my will. My body is beginning its preparations. The window of opportunity for the birth is huge, up to two weeks before and two weeks after the projected due date. You´d think that science could do better than that! I´m hoping for baby to come a little early, but then I suppose most moms probably do. Who wants to be pregnant for more than 40 weeks?? Only God knows, and I am trying to put everything in His hands and focus on those few things I can do in the meantime. I suppose I ought to get that hospital bag packed!

No comments:

Post a Comment