Friday, April 16, 2010

Week 31: 7 months married!

There is a quote I read that says, ¨Who, being loved, is poor?¨

As I reflect on these seven months of marriage, I really believe that this quote is true...If we are blessed enough in our lives to find love, whether it be the love of family, the love of a spouse, or the love of friends, can we really call ourselves poor?

Living on the mission field is not always easy. I have has to learn to give up a lot of things that I would have thought were essential before (Starbucks, anyone?). But, the richness of love I have found in this new life far outweighs whatever I may have had to sacrifice.

I always marvel and how God reveals His love for us through the love of others, and in no place have I found that to be so true as in the love my husband and I share. In loving a spouse, and I´m not talking about the warm and fuzzies but rather agape love as expressed in 1 Corinthians 13, we begin to taste a little of the Father´s love for us. What a blessing to experience that love! Even if you are not married, you have no family and you have no friends, you can still experience the Father´s love for you, which is the only real and pure love that exists. And who, being loved, is poor?

No comments:

Post a Comment