Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Week 59: Hormones and getting creative (week 28 of pregnancy)

This has been an interesting week. I would say my hormonal low was the day I decided to try on my wedding dress. I´m seven months pregnant. What exactly was I expecting. Jairo laughed when he came home to find me in my wedding dress and veil, wedding dress not laced up, of course, sitting on the bed, lost in my thoughts.

What was I thinking about? Who knows. I was remembering my wedding of course, and admiring my wedding dress which is even prettier than I remembered. So much has changed since that day, and so much is about to change again. I guess those were more or less the kinds of thoughts running through my mind. Along with a resolution to go jogging with my husband as soon as I´m able. I want to be able to lace this baby up again.

The high point was Dia de la Mujer, or Women´s Day, when Jairo took me out for ice cream. He took me to a new place that opened up close to home and I got the two scoops of ice cream with pineapple and strawberries...an excellent choice. I suppose this kind of thing doesn´t encourage the quick lacing up of my wedding dress, but it does raise those hormones to more stable levels, so I´ll call it a wash.

My productivity took a new turn this week as I decided to try out a pattern I found online for making a baby gown out of an old t-shirt. (Baby gowns are for sleeping, and not necessarily for a girl or boy in particular). I used one of Jairo´s old t-shirts and sewed one up while he was gone. When he came home and saw the gown he donated more t-shirts to me. Apparently he was impressed. (See, he is very supportive of all my little projects!) I was pretty impressed myself. It had been a while since I sewed, so it was fun to take it up again. I think I´ll see what other patterns are out there.

I have to say, I´m in a slump in some sense. I feel like this pregnancy will never be over, and like I´ve been pregnant FOREVER. I´m getting more uncomfortable now that my belly is growing, and the days seem to just drag on. Still, I know in my head that I should be thankful for these days, the last for a long time that I will have to myself. Still, I think having the baby, with all its challenges and trials, will be such a relief. This pregnancy has been difficult especially because the doctor has been strict with me about the resting thing, which makes for a more isolated pregnancy than normal. I´m looking forward to the days of getting out and about again like I used to, even if I am teathered to a stroller!!

No comments:

Post a Comment