Saturday, April 17, 2010

Week 36: Welcome Home! (Week 5 of pregnancy)

The moment I have been praying for finally arrived this week. My brother Nick finally came home from Afghanistan! Proof that God is faithful and takes good care of his children, I got to talk to my brother for the first time in a very long time, and see pictures on facebook of his homecoming. I would have loved to be there!

I decided to wait until next week to tell my parents about the baby. I didn´t want to steal my brother´s thunder. After all, I was so excited that he was finally home, finally safe. He deserved to have all the spotlight, even if he didn´t want it! He is a hero, he is my brother, and he is finally home!!

On my list of answered prayers, there appear many things, big and small. My dad getting back into the ministry, this pregnancy, my new bookshelf, and now, another thing to add to my list...something I have waited patiently for and something I have prayed faithfully for, too. My brother is home safe, and I can rest just a little more soundly tonight knowing that he is surrounded by the many people who love him...and far away on another continent, I am thinking of him, too. Welcome home, Nick!

No comments:

Post a Comment