Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Week 62: Good Friday (week 31 of pregnancy)

This week we celebrated Good Friday with a special service at church, and Jairo asked me to sing a special song with him during the service. I was pretty excited about it because it has been I while since I have gotten to sing with him (all that ¨resting¨, you know) and I really like the song we sang, too. Jairo also gave one of the messages (there are 7 on Good Friday!! But short ones...) and that´s always fun to watch because he´s so good at it.

The service was a difficult one for me. It was just too long and I am just too pregnant. Still, it was a really nice service. I just got some crazy contractions and we had to move back the special a little, which was no problem since Jairo is the worship leader, so no one even knew. I wasn´t sure I´d be able to breath enough to sing because of the contractions, but they went away. After that I was pretty tired, though, and I was relieved when we finally got home.

I had a friend of ours film the song with our new camera that some friends of ours sent to us. I was pretty excited about that because our camera broke quite a while ago and I haven´t been able to take any pregnancy pictures, which really made me sad. It was funny to watch the video and see that big belly in action!

I´m really looking forward to getting back into the things I did before, like being part of the worship team. Things like this service really remind me how much I miss it. I know it might be a while because even after the baby is born I won´t be able to just jump into everything again at once, but the idea of being able to be a part of it again is pretty exciting! Who knows, in a few years maybe our little addition will join us in music! Wouldn´t that be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment