Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Week 56: Date Night (or day) (week 25 of pregnancy)

Jairo and I never go out. A ministry schedule and salary don´t give us lots of opportunities, and we´re usually so tired we´d rather just stay home. I´m not complaining...I´m a homebody to be honest. I like being home with my husband, relaxing. Maybe that´s because we so seldom get to relax!

However, being forced to ¨rest¨ (a practice which I do not find in the least restful) and stay home all the time is really starting to get on my nerves. I mean, even a homebody likes to see the sun. My husband has been especially busy, so I have been more time home alone than usual and I just couldn´t take it anymore.

I called Jairo and told him to meet me at the mall. He asked why, but I told him to just do it. I think he could hear the lunatic edge on my voice and said he´d be right there. (He was heading home at the time.) When we met at the mall, he seemed amused and curious, and asked me why we were there. I informed him that we were going to eat out, get ice cream and go see a movie. Now.

I´m not sure if he liked the idea or could just read the desperation on my face, but he caved and we did everything on my list. I went home like a conquering hero, although I was surprised how exhausted I was after just a few hours out. (Maybe there´s something to this rest thing.)

It was a really fun day, and a much-needed break from the monotony of being stuck at home with a giant belly and not too much to do. I´m not sure how often I can get away with it--since it was the first time in a year that I actually demanded something, maybe I just caught Jairo off guard. I don´t think it will work again tomorrow...but you never know!

No comments:

Post a Comment