Friday, April 16, 2010

Week 24: Goodbye is such sweet, sweet sorrow...

This week, my friend Bre returned to the US. It was a sad goodbye for me because Bre has been here in Ecuador since I got married. She was staying with some friends of ours, Becky and Byron, in the north part of Quito, but I got to see her at least once a week. It was nice to have that friendship during the first few months of transition into life in Ecuador because I didn’t feel as alone.

Now that she’s gone, I do feel a sense of loneliness. It’s hard to make friends when you’re a leader in a ministry. Everyone comes to you for help and advice, but no one is really there to give it. Especially here in Ecuador, where people are especially gossipy, it’s hard to find a good, quality friendship.

I’m not sure when Bre will come back to Ecuador. I know she wants to, but you never know. Life is unpredictable. So now I’m just praying for a good friend who lives in the same country as me! And I´m praying for Bre, that God will guide her and keep her safe...and let me see her again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment