Monday, December 31, 2012

New Series: SuperMom!


I´m finally getting ready to publish my newest series, and it´s one I´m especially excited about!

This series is to kick off a new thing I´m doing on here called ¨Get-through-your-Monday Girl Time¨! I will be posting something specifically for women every Monday morning, for a little ¨girl time¨ to start the week. I, and other women, will be writing things on here to uplift and encourage you, and help you feel connected to other women, no matter where on the globe you currently find yourself. This idea was born from my own personal need for girl time, and lack of nearby girlfriends as I serve on the mission field in Ecuador.

To kick off this special new Monday Girl Time, I´ve developed a new series. The series is called SuperMom: Undercover. I interviewed a handful of moms that I love and admire, because I want to share them with you!

This post is a sort of preface to the interviews that I will be publishing each week. As you read the interviews, what I hope is that these moms give you some encouragement about your own motherhood, if you´re a mother, or womanhood, if you´re a woman who hasn´t embarked on the journey of motherhood.

These women are not famous. This blog might be the first time you´ve ever heard of them. But they deserve to be recognized; not because they´re perfect, or have it all together, but because they are real moms, who make mistakes, and try their best to keep going and honor God. Their houses may or may not be completely organized, their laundry may or may not be done. They might be homeschool moms, or public school moms, or private school moms. They might be stay-at-home moms, or students or carreer women. They might be biological moms, adoptive moms or foster moms. They might be special needs moms. They might be moms who have suffered through miscarriage or the loss of a child. Their stories are all different, but they have this in common: They work hard every day to be a better mom than they were yesterday, to give their children what they need, many times at the cost of high personal sacrifice, and they don´t give up, even when being a mother is the hardest thing they´ve ever done.

These women don´t think of themselves as ¨super moms¨ at all. Most of them made a point of telling me that. They are painfully aware of their shortcomings, just like you and I are. They struggle to set aside selfishness and insecurity. They sometimes go to bed feeling like a failure.

Sound familiar?

I want to share these women with you because they are extraordinary. In a world where being a stay-at-home mom has become a competitive career, where Pinterest and blogs make you feel inadequate because you aren´t saving toilet paper rolls to turn into art or you aren´t teaching your one-week-old baby how to read, I think we could all use a dose of reality. Here are real moms, sharing their real lives with you, in the hopes that you will be encouraged to be who you are, to stop being so hard on yourself (if you figure out how, let us know!), and to just love your kids while you have them. They grow up too fast, and what we regret won´t be that we didn´t make edible finger paints for them. When we look back on motherhood, we want to know that we did our best, that we loved our children, that we taught them the most important lessons, and that when we give our accounting to God for how we raised them, He will say to us, ¨Well done!¨

You can find the links to each interview here, as I post them, starting next Monday, January 7th:

Becky Gudiño

Dusty Koepp

Darci Brown

Kimbre Varney

Jessica Llancafil

Julia Rodrick

Teresa Legere

Allison Bohn

Theresa Fuller

Catherine Allison

Gretchen Castro


Jeanne Gant

Tiffany Nardoni

Mariela Velasco

No comments:

Post a Comment