Saturday, April 4, 2009

Week Six: Seeing my Husband in a New Light

My husband has seen how much I don’t like being home alone all day, and he does his best not to leave me alone for too long, but sometimes he has to because of work. He’s a graphic designer working from home in his own business that he has with a few friends, and so some days he designs at home, some days he leaves to go get new clients, or to install something He has designed, and sometimes he just does errands. Today, however, he took pity on me and invited me to go with him, because it was just an errand day.

This was the first time I got to go with him for his work, and I was excited. He warned me that it was a lot of walking and we wouldn’t be able to slow down or rest, and I accepted the challenge. It was such an interesting experience. My legs are definitely sore—he wasn’t kidding about the walking! But even so, I’m glad I went. I’ve seen how talented he is at designing things because he always asks my opinion on his designs. But I’ve never actually seen him in action, until today.

I felt incredibly proud of him, listening as he talked to different vendors trying to get the best deal while delivering to his clients the best product. He was such a professional and an expert. I admire my husband for many reasons, and now I have one more.

I think it’s good to look for the talents and good qualities in our spouses. So often it’s easy to just see them in one light. The man who never washes the dishes. The woman who always nags. But when you actually get a chance to see them in their element, it’s enlightening. I feel like I know a whole new side of my husband that I didn’t know before. I encourage all you married women out there to take the next opportunity you have to see your husband in a different environment. Plus, if he’s inviting you it means he wants to share it with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment