Saturday, April 4, 2009

Week Five: One Month Married!

Today is February 24th, one month after our wedding day. To celebrate Jairo took me to eat Italian, my favorite! It’s weird...I feel like we’ve been married so much less and so much more than one month! In one way I feel like our wedding was just yesterday and I can’t believe how quickly time passes. On the other hand, we have had so many experiences, so much has happened, and we’ve grown so much as a couple that I can’t believe so much has happened in so little time.

They say that the first year of marriage is the hardest. I’m not sure if that’s true because I’ve only been married for a month, but I feel like we’ve accomplished something by being married for a month. I think every day that we stay together and keep loving each other is a day worth celebrating in a world where divorce is so common. And if it is true what they say, we’re officially 1/12 of the way through the hardest time of our marriage and still going strong! Now that’s something to celebrate!

No comments:

Post a Comment