Saturday, April 4, 2009

Week Five: Why is it so Quiet?

Week five is ending, and my house is unnervingly quiet. Bre, my best friend who has been living here with us, left yesterday. She’s coming back in a few weeks to stay for a few months, so I can’t be too sad, but still, I feel lonely. Jairo is working all day, and I miss the company I had in the house in previous weeks.

This is the first time since we got back from our honeymoon and Jairo started working that I have been alone in the house. I don’t like it. Every little noise weirds me out and time seems to pass really slowly. I can only wash the dishes and sweep the floor for so long until I have nothing left to do.

I’m not sure if this is something I will get used to or just something I’ll deal with. Don’t get me wrong. I really like being the domestic wife, cooking the meals, cleaning the house, and making sure all is in order. I’m content in my role. I just don’t like feeling alone. I want Bre back!

Jairo likes to tell me that I’m never alone, because wherever I am I have three great people with me: God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit. Sometimes I’m tempted to roll my eyes at this, but he’s actually right. How many times do we live our lives completely ignorant to the fact that God is right there with us? He sees every good and evil thing we do, hears every word we say, and even sees into our hearts. That kind of intimacy is impossible with humans, but with God all things are possible. He knows me better than anyone in the universe. I really can take comfort in the fact that I’m never alone. I’m in better hands than Allstate. I’m in the only hands that can heal me, protect me, guide me, comfort me, provide for me, and give me peace. There’s no better place to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment