Saturday, April 4, 2009

Week Seven: The ¨Day of the Woman¨

Here in Ecuador they have a special holiday just for women. It’s like mother’s day, only you don’t have to be a mother. They had a special moment in church for it and gave out roses to all the women, even the little girls.

Jairo always treats me really well, and takes great care of me, but he’s not always super tender and loving. It’s not because he doesn’t want to be. It’s because sometimes he’s tired, sick, stressed, etc. and on top of that, he’s a man! But today, on the “day of the woman” I could see how happy he was to be with me. I could see the effort he made to make the day special. I could see how much he loved me.

I think we women have to remember something, too. As a wife, when our husbands come home from work, every day should be “the day of the man”. These godly men sacrifice their time and effort to provide for us, to care for us and to show us in some way that they love us. They need to feel that we appreciate them and love them every day, not just one day a year. The most beautiful thing about marriage is that you can express your pure love for the person you married without shame or embarrassment. You can be loving and tender any time you want. It’s your right! AND your responsibility. If we are good wives every day, every day can be the “day of the woman” too. It depends on us!!

No comments:

Post a Comment