Thursday, April 30, 2009

Week Nine: Two Months Married

Today is our two-month anniversary. Looking back on the last two months, I’m once again struck by the way time works. How can a day like my wedding day feel so far away and yet so recent?

I think it’s because of the sheer amount of events that can fit into a two-month period of time, especially when those events revolve around the ministry, and then on top of that there’s mountains of legal work to be done in order to gain my residency! We have a schedule not to be envied! Almost every day is jam-packed, from the time we get up in the morning until the time we go to sleep. Even bedtime is pushed back in order to work on that last-minute project for one of the many ministries we’re involved in.

At the same time, I feel like two months is a long time and it has gone by entirely too quickly. It seems like we still are not even really settled into the routine of married life yet. We haven’t been able to plan too far into the future because today is way too complicated to even think about tomorrow.

So this anniversary finds me content that we’ve made it through another milestone month, but wondering when life is going to take on a more predictable quality. I know that might sound strange, but when you’re life is completely unpredictable, it makes you long for a little bit of certainty. I think if there’s one thing that our life is missing, it’s that. But all in all, I think if that’s the worst of our problems, we have a lot to be thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment