Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Week 18: Four Months Married!

We have been married for four months! (Applause, applause) Thank you.

These four months have been marked with both failure and success, sadness and joy, arguing and getting along, work and fun...a little bit of everything. I feel like we’re finally starting to feel married. I don’t know if that makes sense. I guess I mean that I’m used to my cleaning schedule, making meals, falling asleep and waking up next to someone, being accountable to my husband; I think we’re finally fitting into our roles.

It’s definitely not perfect. I never know when I wake up one day how it’s going to go. There’s a lot of variables. In a life as busy as ours, you can’t be too attached to your idea of how things should be. Even so, there’s a certain level of predictability we’ve gained, and not in the boring sense. It’s actually kind of comforting.

I think if there’s a four-month milestone, it’s this: We’re finally married! Go figure!

No comments:

Post a Comment