Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Week 11: Live from the South of Quito

Yesterday Jairo and I had the opportunity to go to a church in South Quito with our friend Bre to help her give a concert. She has her own cd and was invited to give a concert at a Holy Week event. She asked us to help her because here in Ecuador she has no band to play with her, so Jairo played guitar and I sang back-up. It was a lot of fun.

The church had a lot of things planned, including dance, drama, a time of praise and worship and a Christian movie. It was neat to be able to be a part of it. The church is actually close to our house and Jairo and I are talking about going back to visit now that we got to know the pastor a little bit. For us, one of our favorite things that we get to do in Ecuador is meet other Christians working to share Christ with the unsaved. It’s always such an encouragement to get to know other people working in the ministry. We also love to be a part of anything that has to do with music.
I think the best part was the chance to share the experience with a group of friends; Byron, Bre, Sarah (Bre’s friend from New York), me and Jairo. We went through the typical nervousness beforehand, adrenaline rush during the concert and meticulous critiquing of every moment afterwards, made more efficient by the videos and pictures that Sarah had recorded.

It’s neat to see how God opens the doors for unique experience that you never even imagined. I haven’t gotten to spend as much time as I would like with my friend Bre, but the times we have spent together have been a huge blessing and a lot of fun! It’s not a quantity friendship anymore, but it’s definitely quality. The coolest part is that we’re serving God together, all of us, as friends. I don’t what I’d do without Christian friends who are alongside me in ministry. It would be really difficult! Thank you, God, for all the friends you’ve blessed me with, in the US and here in Ecuador.

No comments:

Post a Comment