Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Week 12: Saying Goodbye to a New Friend

This week we had to say goodbye to a new friend. Sarah Malone from New York, a friend of Bre’s who had come to Ecuador for a month, went back to the US.
I got t know Sarah because she frequently stayed with us and Bre in our apartment. I’m always nervous about meeting friends of my friends because as women tend to be weird about things, we don’t always get along very well. However, Sarah is an extremely cool person and I really enjoyed getting to know her. I even got to translate for her twice while she preached.

I think when it comes to people I’m not very normal. I tend to very quickly get attached to people, which in the case of Sarah probably wasn’t the wisest idea since she was only in Ecuador for a month! However, I think Jairo also really enjoyed having her here, and the four of us had a lot of fun. It was hard not to get attached!

But, as I said, Sarah has returned safely to the US and is having fun with her reverse culture shock with which I am so familiar. She’s working in the ministry in New York and even though we weren’t that hapy to lose her, I am extremely happy that she’s serving God in the US. We’re hoping Sarah comes back to Ecuador someday, but until then, we’re praying for her and we’re very thankful to have had the chance to get to know her and count her as a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment