Friday, September 16, 2011

30 Days to Being a Purposeful Mommy, Day 16

Day 16: Take Some Time for YOU.

I know, that´s rich coming from the girl who has had a whopping ONE coffee day since the idea was born.

But it was such a great day. I think of it with nostalgia...and when I get back from the US I am SO going to have one every week. No excuses.

It´s good to have a small time each day for yourself. I split mine between time with God and playing games on facebook. (Obviously my priorities are in order...) Take a few minutes when your kids nap or once they go to bed and just do something for you.

The truth is, you will feel selfish, because mom guilt is a real mental illness that all moms contract during childbirth. But you´re not being selfish. If you take care of yourself, you will be in a better position to take care of your family. Your kids don´t need a mommy who bites their heads off (not that I have ever been there...).

You don´t even have to spend money. You can just go take a walk. But do it alone. And do it regularly. It really will help you become a more purposeful mommy, because you will be able to remember what your purpose is if you are not out of your mind. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment