Tuesday, September 6, 2011

30 Days to Being a Purposeful Mommy, Day 6

Day 6: Get Out! (Outdoors, that is!)

Do you ever have those days wher eyou are pretty sure you´re going to kill someone, anyone, just because you are simply going out of your mind? I´ll be honest. I have those days sometimes.

The diagnosis? Being locked in your house with your kids all day, every day, will lead to a family-wide epidemic of insanity.

You´re not a bad mom. You just need some fresh air and sunshine. And so do your kids!

As long as the weather holds up, I try to get outside with my little one every day. Some days we go to the park. Some days we go for a walk. Some days we go to the store. But we get out of the house.

Not only will getting out the house help your mood, it will help your child´s mood. God did not create us to be indoors all day long. He also didn´t create us to go crazy.

It´s nice to mix things up. Sometimes you can do fun, organized activities with your kids outside. Sometimes you can all go for a walk or bike ride. Sometimes you can just let your kids use their imaginations while you read a book. The important thing is to get outdoors.

I said I try to get out every day, but sometimes it doesn´t pan out. However, when we´re only one hour into the day and I´m ready to pull my hair out, there is no cure like the outdoors. I get shoes on my feet and hers, I get a jacket on both of us, and we are outta here! The best part is that your kids will think it´s the best idea ever! They get out all of the cooped up energy they have, and come home much more well-behaved (and probably sleepy).

When you´re having one of those days, just remember my advice and let nature work its magic on your family!


1 comment:

  1. Good advice... How old are you, when did the wisdom set in:-)?! Love your sharing. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete